Saturday, October 11, 2014

Legal Clearance!!!

Welllllllllllll,

After a long 2 weeks, we final were issued legal clearance yesterday! This means that both the IPs and Adam and I have signed and notarized the surrogacy agreement, hence making it official!!!  I took my last BC pill today, and start medicine (hormones I think) on Monday (I think!).  There's so much to learn here, I am not really sure what happens between now and the embryo transfer.  Because of the delay in getting the documents signed, our transfer date got pushed back one week! The new date is November 6th!

I also JUST found out I can open enroll in a new plan at AEO! That means I could switch to the more expensive health insurance with the lower out of pocket/copay! I will figure all that out, but for now... that's exciting because I was upset over having had picked the cheaper insurance.  Still great insurance, just a higher copay and deductible!

I found a support group on fbook for surrogates! I am excited because while I have an awesome group of women online (MDC Spring Mamas SHOT OUT!!!!) who have known me since I was pregnant with Grey, I need to speak with people who have been surrogates before!  In fact, one of those lovely ladies suggested I join the fbook surrogate group!

I will try to update more.  I'm sure so many are so curious! The IPs do know I have this blog and they are fine with it, so I will continue to share what I can :)

Listen to a few things Grey has been saying about me being a surrogate:

Grey: "Mommy, you're having a baby?"
Me: "Yes, for my friend Michelle, remember?"
Grey: "Oh yeah cause her tummy hurts! Mommy, you'll have the baby and then give baby to her mommy and make her tummy not hurt anymore??!!"

We had to go back to the lawyer's office a second time to sign the contract (ugh!) and this time we didn't have childcare so the kids came with....

Grey: "Mommy what are you doing?"
Me: "I'm signing all these pages! It's a lot huh?"
Grey: "Is that for the baby you're going to have mommy?"
Me: "Yes but it's not my baby, remember? It's for my friend!"
Grey: "Oh yeah, the one whose tummy hurts!"

He is the sweetest thing ever! I look forward to the little things he says along the way! He seems to understand that I'm going to carry a baby for my friend, but that's about it right now!

xoxo JULIE

No comments:

Post a Comment