Thursday, November 6, 2014

Welcome embryos!!!!! Make yourself comfy!!!

Wow guys. There are two little embryos in my uterus right now. I want so badly for one to stick!!!

Today I woke up at 6:00 am and couldn't fall back asleep really. I don't know if it was the time change, excitement or the fact that I slept all night without waking up for a kiddo... But I was really awake really early! I fell back asleep around 7 and got up a little before 8. 

We had breakfast and then headed to target for some snacks to keep at the hotel. Then off we went to the fertility clinic. The IPs showed up not long after and then Nicole (co-owner of the surrogacy agency) came and we were all chatting in the waiting room till they called my name! Everyone came back to the room so we could talk to the IPs doctor and the embryologist. They discussed the the thawing of the embryos and that everyone agreed on putting 2 in. 

I took my valium, got dressed in the specific garments they provided and then waited. The notes they gave me a week ago said I needed to have my bladder comfortably full so that the cervix would be very visible. Well, I did--or so I thought--but when the doc came in he said it needed to be much more full. So I drank another bottle of water and he checked and said I still needed to drink more. I assume my stomach must be small but my bladder must be large because of this. A nurse checked it again and thought it looked great, the doc came in a few min later and my bladder was more full than it was 3 min ago!

He inserted a catheter into my cervix and we got to watch on the ultrasound as the little embryos were transferred in! It was insanely cool. The IF didn't really want to be in the room but we kind of convinced him he should be there! And there it was. It was done!  I was told I wouldn't be on bed rest or anything but to just take it easy! The Valium only made me tired. That's all. It didn't make me feel dumb like I was worried it would. When we came home, I slept for 3 hours. My legs felt a little slow to move after that.

I've had light cramping--a lot like when I felt Grey's little embryo implant. I'm trying not go get my hopes up but it's possible that was what I was feeling. The embryos were 5 days old so implantation could happen within a day. That would be amazing. I plan on taking a HPT in 5 days, or earlier if I feel symptoms!

The kids are doing excellent!!!! Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. We feel so great to be able to do this and to have so much support. Now we wait!  

Xoxo 
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment